Last updated May 12, 2021.
Please read this acceptable use policy (“policy”, “AUP”) carefully before using the https://torvm.ca/ website (“website”, “service”) operated by TorVM (“us”, ”we”, “our”).
Services provided by us may only be used for lawful purposes. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, rules, and regulations in connection with your use of the services. Any material or conduct that in our judgment violates this policy in any manner may result in suspension or termination of the services or removal of the user’s account with or without notice.
You may not use our services to engage in activity that is illegal under applicable law, that is harmful to others, or that would subject us to liability, including, without limitation, in connection with any of the following, each of which is prohibited under this AUP:
- Phishing or engaging in identity theft.
- Distributing computer viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other malicious code.
- Distributing illegal pornography or offering escort services.
- Promoting or facilitating violence or terrorist activities.
- Infringing the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of others.
- Engaging in denial of service attacks (DOS) or distributed denial of service attacks (DDOS) (Includes booter/stresser websites)
- Engaging in port scanning or any other form of identifying vulnerabilities in systems.
- Weaponizing our service through botnets or any other form (e.i open DNS resolvers, etc.)
- Engaging in piracy or any other form of consuming illegal content.
- Using our service as an open proxy or operating TOR exit nodes (relays are fine)
- Using our service to spoof your IP or any other way of assisting you in illegal activity.
- Engaging in phishing or any other form of unlawfully obtaining and using data.
- Creating replica websites to scam or any other way to scam people.
Or anything else that breaks Canadian or international laws.
Your services may be suspended or terminated with or without notice of any violation of this policy. Any violations may result in the immediate suspension or termination of your account.
You may not run services that eat up excessive amounts of network/bandwidth – if you are running a service such as a Tor relay, you must limit the constant bandwidth to 25MBps. If you do exceed the bandwidth limit, we will put your plan on pause and contact you to discuss a paid solution with more bandwidth.
If we receive a DMCA complaint, we will forward it to you to handle and may temporarily suspend the service we have been providing to you. We will terminate the server if the DMCA complaint does not get handled accordingly.
To report a violation of this policy, please contact us here.
We reserve the right to change this policy at any given time, of which you will be promptly updated. If you want to make sure that you are up to date with the latest changes, we advise you to frequently visit this page.