Our main Toronto data center is located on Yonge Street and is directly connected to 151 Front Street, Canada’s internet exchange hub via dark fiber with zero latency. Our network consists of multiple providers and peer directly with the Toronto Internet Exchange (TorIX). Using TorIX allows us to have a reliable exchange of traffic with the rest of the world and improved performance.
TorVM fully owns its hardware and rents rack space from Amanah – Ontario’s largest and highest bandwidth datacenter. We chose to use Amanah because of what they offer:
- Diesel backup generators
- Uninterrupted power supplies N+1
- Automatic transfer switches
- Cross-zoned VESDA
- Dual interlocked pre-action fire suppression
- Heptafluoropropane fire suppression
- 24/7 on-site security guards
- Card access authentication
- CCTV systems
- N+1 cooling infrastructure
- Water-cooled pumped from Lake Ontario
- In-row cooling systems
- Humidification monitoring sensors
We will be expanding to a datacenter in Kitchener-Waterloo in the near future.